Almost all property sales are carried out on the open market. Properties are marketed, usually by estate agents but sometimes by the owner, and potential buyers are invited to view the property and put in an offer.
This system has a couple of advantages:
- You can set your own price for your property.
- You can accept the highest bidder and turn down offers that don’t match your anticipated sale price.
But it has lots of pitfalls:
- Unless you choose to market your house yourself, you will have to pay estate agents fees, which could be around 3% or even higher. On a ?200,000 house that’s a whopping ?6,000!
- You are obliged by law to prepare a Home Information Pack, which will cost several hundred pounds.
- You need to rely on marketing, which is usually out of your hands, to get potential buyers through the door.
- Some viewers will probably be ‘time-wasters’.
- You have no way of knowing when, or if, your house will sell.
- You might be stuck in a chain of buyers, causing the sale to go on for months.
- You can’t make real plans until your buyer is lined up and ready to go.
- You are likely to have a string of strangers coming to see your home and this could last a period of months.
- A buyer’s first offer may not be what they eventually end up paying.
- You will have to pay the cost of legal fees on the sale.
Buying through Property Rescue wipes out all the above pitfalls. Their offer is put on the table for you to accept or reject. It includes legal fees on the sale of your home, you won’t need to prepare a Home Information Pack, you will know exactly what price you will achieve, you won’t have time-wasters looking around your house, and the sale will be concluded exactly when you want it to be.
Don’t delay – contact Property Rescue now for a valuation on your home.